Trusted Dentist for Gum Disease Treatment in Currambine
Benefits of Treating Gum Disease
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine for Gum Disease Treatment in Currambine, Western Australia
Gum disease is widely acknowledged as being responsible for a large number of tooth losses in adults. Gum disease may cause loss of teeth and other serious health issues if left untreated. It’s essential that you seek treatment as soon as possible if you suspect that you might be suffering from gum disease. At Smiles in Currambine, our dentists will gently remove the hardened plaque and tartar build-up across the surface of your teeth and just below the gum line so that it no longer causes infection. If you’re experiencing gum infection symptoms and aren’t seeing results from brushing and flossing, contact us immediately!
You don’t want to lose any more teeth than necessary, especially when there’s such an easy solution available at Smiles in Currambine! We offer gentle treatments with minimal discomfort or pain so that we can help get your smile back to its former glory! Visit us today for more information about how we can help treat your gums without causing further damage to them!
Call (08) 9305 4888 now for gum disease treatment in Currambine, Western Australia!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Gum disease symptoms begin with swollen or tender gums and bleeding when you brush or floss. However, our patients have also seen a number of additional conditions develop, such as:
- Receding gum lines
- Dark red gums or purple-red patches around the gum line
- Chronic bad breath (halitosis)
- Tooth mobility or loose teeth
- Soreness to pressure from biting or chewing
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth caused by pus oozing from the gums
- Teeth that do not fit together correctly when biting (malocclusion)
- Sensitive teeth
The following people have a higher risk of gum disease:
- People who do not maintain good oral hygiene habits.
- Those who are suffering from crooked teeth, loose restorations or ill-fitting fixed dental appliances.
- Patients with diabetes, arthritis, heart diseases, and immune system disorders like HIV and AIDS.
- Anyone who has had an immediate family member suffer from periodontal disease or early tooth loss.
- Individuals who avoid going to the dentist
It is possible to reduce the risk of gum disease with proper oral hygiene. Maintaining a consistent oral hygiene routine can prevent plaque build-up and gum disease. Here are the essentials for good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth twice a day or after each meal or snack for at least two minutes.
- You should use a soft toothbrush and replace it every three to four months.
- Floss at least once daily.
- Gargle with an antibacterial mouthwash to reduce plaque between your teeth.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Don’t smoke.
- Every six months, make an appointment with your dentist for a professional cleaning.
Book An Appointment
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Today
Our dentists in Currambine make every effort to accommodate the scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening hours to weekend appointment times, we are sure to have something that works for your busy routine.
If you are in pain or have any other dental emergency, please call us right away so we can try to book you in as soon as possible.