Take Home & Professional Teeth Whitening in Currambine
Our teeth naturally accumulate stains throughout our lifetime and through the habits we pick up. Teeth staining takes place through the continuous exposure of our teeth to different substances such as coffee, tea, red wine, tobacco and even medication.
Having discoloured teeth can hurt your confidence. Not only do they look bad, but people will think you are less professional and less clean than others. That is why investing in professional dental care should be a priority for those hoping to have a healthier and whiter smile. It is possible to bleach your teeth with natural remedies and over-the-counter products. Still, they’re not always effective or convenient.
With our high-quality professional teeth whitening services, Smiles in Currambine will help you achieve better results in less time. Professional teeth whitening can remove discolourations and stains on the teeth. Your teeth will appear whiter with this cosmetic treatment. You can get a beautiful smile at Smiles in Currambine without ever causing damage to your gums or teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Professional teeth whitening is an excellent alternative for people who do not want to use over-the-counter products or natural remedies. Below are some benefits of professional teeth whitening:
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine for Teeth Whitening Treatments in Currambine, Western Australia
Smiles in Currambine offers professional teeth whitening dental services. We have extensive experience helping many clients regain the brightness of their smiles or, in some cases, providing them with even brighter smiles. If you’re thinking about showing off a brighter and more rejuvenated look, talk to our dentists about teeth whitening treatments. It’s an easy and affordable way to boost your natural tooth colour and brighten your smile dramatically.
You can get started today by booking online or calling us at (08) 9305 4888! Our friendly team will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our treatments, so don’t hesitate to ask away! We can help you reveal the beautiful white smile that has been hiding behind all those tooth stains for far too long now! Let’s work together towards achieving the brighter teeth that everyone dreams of having one day soon!
Call Smiles in Currambine now at (08) 9305 4888 for all enquiries regarding teeth whitening treatments in Currambine, Western Australia!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
At Smiles in Currambine, we offer two types of teeth whitening treatments for you to choose from. You can complete your whitening in an hour-long appointment over your lunch hour, after work, or on a Saturday. Alternatively, you can take home a kit and complete your teeth bleaching at home.
- In-chair Whitening: An in-chair whitening procedure is performed by your cosmetic dentist while you are in the dentist chair. This light-accelerated dental treatment takes approximately an hour to complete. It lifts deeper stains from teeth at a faster rate. For best results, we recommend a set of take-home whitening trays to maintain long-term results easily.
- Take-home Whitening Kits: We take great pride in keeping the teeth whitening process at our practice simple and effective. However, we are equally dedicated to offering convenience to those clients who can’t afford to spend time in our clinic. As a result, these clients have the option of choosing a take-home whitening kit. After taking an impression of your teeth, we will create a customised set of whitening trays. Then, all you have to do is simply apply a small amount of whitening gel to your custom-fitted trays and wear them at home for a certain amount of time each session. You will repeat the process once each day for 10–14 days for the best results.
Your dental health has to be assessed by a qualified dentist before teeth bleaching can be recommended. Ideally, dental health should be optimal without fillings or restorations. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Smiles in Currambine to set up an initial consultation for teeth whitening so that we can assess your dental health and recommend the best method for whiter teeth.
Teeth whitening treatment is safe for pregnant women but is usually not recommended due to dental health complications that may occur during pregnancy. Although teeth whitening does not pose any known risks during pregnancy, it would be best to wait since teeth and gums are more vulnerable at this time.
In-chair teeth whitening usually takes one to three hours. Most dentists treat patients with hydrogen peroxide gel, like many at-home kits. However, the products dentists use are much more potent and concentrated whitening solutions that should only be used under professional supervision.
After your oral health has been assessed, we will get to work on preparing your mouth for the cosmetic treatment. We will use a lip retractor to keep your mouth open wide, gauze to keep your mouth dry, and a rubber dam and protectant gel to protect your sensitive gum tissue from hydrogen peroxide.
In the next step, we will apply the whitening gel to your teeth and use a light to activate it and deliver instant results. You will sit under the light for about 20 minutes as the light will convert the oxygen in the gel so it can penetrate deep into your tooth enamel to get to your colour pigments. We will likely go through several applications, depending on the colour of your teeth and your desired shade.
Tooth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that is generally considered safe. However, it does pose some potential risks:
- It is possible to experience temporary tooth sensitivity after a few treatments. Your cosmetic dentist may recommend potassium nitrate gel and sodium fluoride gel to reduce the discomfort.
- Tooth whitening products contain peroxide, which can irritate your gums if they aren’t adequately protected. Yet another reason you should let a qualified dentist perform your teeth whitening.
- A person can over-whiten, resulting in a greyish tinge to their teeth. It is very rare for this to occur, and only when the whitening process is overly prolonged.
- Though rare, there’s the possibility of ingesting the treatment gel if you’re using a take-home teeth whitening kit. This may cause nausea and vomiting. However, your custom-fitted tray should fit almost perfectly around your teeth and reduce any chance of this happening.
For several days, avoid hot and cold drinks to minimise tooth sensitivity after teeth whitening. Try lukewarm or room temperature drinks instead. For at least two weeks after teeth whitening, avoid sugary drinks and foods that stain easily, such as berries, coffee, tea, and wine. To prevent stains on teeth, eat only low-acid foods. Tobacco products are one of the quickest ways to stain or re-stain your teeth, so it is recommended that you quit smoking and chewing tobacco, not only for your health but because they are so damaging to your bright smile.
Depending on the treatment method you choose, teeth whitening costs will vary. Take-home teeth whitening kits can be as much as $400, while in-chair teeth whitening can cost as much as $200 per tooth.
Book An Appointment
Your First Visit to
Smiles in Currambine
scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening
hours to weekend appointment times, we’re sure to have
something that works for your busy routine.
patients receive the upmost priority in regard to