Fix Your Dental Problems With Root Canal Therapy
The Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine for Root Canal Treatment in Kinross?
If you’re frightened, you don’t need to worry! We’ll take care of you. Our dentists would gladly discuss your concerns and provide you with several sedation treatments to keep you relaxed during the entire treatment. We offer several options to keep you comfortable. You can either get nitrous oxide dental treatment or take a prescription medication to help you relax. If you undergo sleep dentistry, we can give you a general anaesthetic depending on your preferences.
We care about your dental health and want to help save you from any pain. Book an appointment with us so we can begin the dental treatments that you need. You may call us at (08) 9305-4888 We also offer same-day appointments, so you don’t have to wait!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Root canal treatments are not always necessary, but if you have any of the following symptoms, it might be time for an appointment with your dentist:
- Deep cavity
- Tooth fracture
- Tooth sensitivity
- Darkening of the tooth’s enamel
- Gum discolouration
- An abscess near the gums
- A foul taste coming from the tooth
A root canal treatment takes 2-3 visits and can last up to 30 minutes at each appointment.
First appointment : The first appointment will involve a dental x-ray. The dentist will numb your tooth, remove the infected pulp, and fill it with gutta-percha to keep it from getting infected again.
Second appointment : At this point, your dentist or endodontist will clean out any dirt and bacteria inside the root canal.
Third appointment : Your dentist will give you an artificial crown to replace your infected tooth.
If you don’t let your dentist treat your infected tooth, there might be further complications over time, such as swelling around the teeth and face due to increased pressure within the gum line.
Root canal treatment is an essential dental procedure to save your natural teeth. If it’s delayed, bacteria can spread and cause significant problems with your other teeth. You might experience severe toothaches or even tooth abscesses that could be life-threatening.
After a root canal procedure, the tooth surface is more sensitive to infection and canal contamination. To avoid contamination, we will cover your tooth with a crown.
The dental crown will blend in seamlessly with your natural tooth colour. Also, you can eat your favourite foods without worrying, knowing that the dental crown is strong and stable.
Here are some tips on how to avoid the need for root canal therapy:
- By practising good dental hygiene, you can prevent tooth decay and keep your teeth healthy. At least twice a day, use fluoride toothpaste to brush your teeth for added protection against bacteria that may cause gum disease.
- To avoid cracks in your teeth, try to avoid eating too many crunchy or hard foods. Cracks can allow bacteria into the canal systems that will cause cavities.
- Acidic foods and drinks can weaken your tooth enamel, making it more susceptible to decay. The sugars in acidic snacks can cause saturation of the teeth and increase the amount of bacteria.
- Avoid opening a bottle with your teeth. You can get infections when bacteria gets into your nerves and roots when they’re exposed long enough during injuries.
- Wear a mouthguard if you participate in contact sports or high-risk activities. If you grind your teeth at night (bruxism), wear mouthguards to prevent injury and keep your teeth safe.
- Your dental appointments are an essential part of your oral health. Make sure to get regular professional cleanings, where your dentist can assess the condition of your teeth.
Book An Appointment
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Today
Our dentists in Currambine make every effort to accommodate the scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening hours to weekend appointment times, we are sure to have something that works for your busy routine.
If you are in pain or have any other dental emergency, please call us right away so we can try to book you in as soon as possible.