Achieve Healthy Gums With Our Gum Disease Treatment in Kinross
The Advantages of Treating Gum Disease
With proper oral hygiene and periodontal disease treatments, you can prevent the severe stage of gum disease and its adverse effects on your health.
They provide several benefits, including:
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine for Gum Disease Treatment in Kinross
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Gum disease can be caused by several factors, including poor dental hygiene, plaque buildup, and tartar. However, a variety of other conditions have developed in our patients, including:
- Receding gum lines
- Gums that are dark crimson or have purple-red spots around the gum line
- Halitosis (chronic halitosis)
- Tooth mobility or loose teeth
- Soreness to pressure from biting or chewing
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth caused by pus oozing from the gums
- Teeth that do not fit together correctly when biting (malocclusion)
- Sensitive teeth
The gums are the foundation of your mouth, and if they become inflamed, they can have serious health consequences. Gingivitis and periodontitis will increase the risks of severe health conditions such as osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
As early diagnosis is important in gum diseases, you should think about getting urgent professional help when these signs show up. Avoid missing out on any chance to protect yourself from future health risks.
Gum disease seems to be more common in the following people:
- People who do not practise proper dental hygiene.
- Those with crooked teeth, loose restorations, or fixed dental equipment that doesn’t fit properly.
- Patients who have diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, and immune system illnesses such as HIV and AIDS
- Anyone who has a close relative who suffers from periodontal disease or early tooth loss
- Individuals who don’t visit the dentist regularly
Maintaining proper oral hygiene is the best way to avoid getting gum disease. The following are the basic requirements for excellent oral hygiene:
- Use a soft toothbrush and change it every three to four months.
- Flossing should be done at least once a day.
- To minimise plaque between your teeth, gargle with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Consume a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Avoid smoking.
- Make an appointment with your dentist for a professional cleaning every six months.
Book An Appointment
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Today
Our dentists in Currambine make every effort to accommodate the scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening hours to weekend appointment times, we are sure to have something that works for your busy routine.
If you are in pain or have any other dental emergency, please call us right away so we can try to book you in as soon as possible.