Trusted and Reliable Dentist for Gum Disease Treatment in Iluka
The Incredible Advantages of Gum Disease Treatment
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine for Gum Disease Treatment in Iluka
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The first signs of gum disease are swollen or painful gums and bleeding when brushing or flossing. However, our patients have also experienced the emergence of several conditions, including:
- Gum lines that are receding.
- Dark red gums or purple-red patches around the gum line.
- Chronic bad breath (halitosis).
- Tooth movement or tooth loss.
- Soreness to pressure from biting or chewing.
- An unpleasant taste in the mouth is caused by pus oozing from the gums.
- Teeth that do not fit together correctly when biting (malocclusion).
- Sensitive teeth
Gum disease is more likely in the following people:
- People who do not practice proper dental hygiene.
- Those with crooked teeth, loose restorations, or fixed dental equipment that doesn’t fit properly.
- Patients with diabetes, arthritis, heart diseases, and immune system disorders like HIV and AIDS.
- Anyone who has had a close relative suffer from periodontal disease or tooth loss at a young age.
- Those who avoid visiting the dentist.
With regular dental hygiene, the risk of gum disease can be reduced. A consistent oral hygiene program can prevent plaque build-up and gum disease. The following are the basic requirements for excellent oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day or after each meal or snack.
- Use a gentle toothbrush that you should change every three to four months.
- Flossing should be done at least once a day.
- To minimize plaque between your teeth, gargle with an antibacterial mouthwash.
- Consume a healthy, well-balanced diet.
- Please don’t smoke.
- Make an appointment with your dentist for a professional cleaning every six months.
Book An Appointment
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Today
Our dentists in Currambine make every effort to accommodate the scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening hours to weekend appointment times, we are sure to have something that works for your busy routine.
If you are in pain or have any other dental emergency, please call us right away so we can try to book you in as soon as possible.