Fun and Gentle Children's Dentist in Currambine
You don’t want your children to develop cavities or other dental problems. But you’re not sure how to take proper care of their teeth and keep them healthy.
Now that you know about dentistry for children, you can make sure your kids’ teeth stay strong and healthy for years to come.
The field of children’s dentistry involves treating children’s oral health from birth to adolescence. Smiles in Currambine offers comprehensive preventive and restorative treatments designed specifically for infants, children, and teenagers. Our friendly team of professional dentists will help ensure that your child has a strong smile now and into adulthood!
Our Services Under Children’s Dentistry
First Dental Visit
We make your child’s first dental visit—and all dental visits, for that matter—fun and easy at Smiles in Currambine. From the moment they get their first baby tooth until they finish with their teeth aligners, we will watch over your child’s dental health.
Why Choose Smiles in Currambine as your Child’s Dentist in Currambine, Western Australia
You’re looking for a dentist in Currambine who can provide quality dental services for your child at an affordable cost.
When you visit Smiles in Currambine, your child will receive the best possible treatment from our dentists and hygienists. We offer a range of services to ensure your child’s teeth stay healthy and strong throughout their childhood years. Our friendly staff are always happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have about your child’s oral health.
At Smiles in Currambine, we understand that taking your children to the dentist can be stressful, so we make every effort to keep things as comfortable and fun as possible! With our state-of-the-art technology and equipment, we can provide excellent dental treatment without breaking the bank. Call us at (08) 9305 4888 right away!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
answers to some of our most frequently asked questions or browse through below for more information.
Here are some benefits of children’s dentistry at Smiles in Currambine:
- It keeps your child’s mouth healthy and free of tooth decay.
- Dental issues can be prevented and corrected before they become serious.
- Children’s dentistry can provide your child with training in developing healthy oral habits.
- Teeth alignment can be monitored, and early intervention can be made to encourage the growth of straight teeth.
During your child’s first dental appointment, which typically lasts 30 minutes to an hour, a comprehensive oral health exam may be conducted. It may involve looking for symptoms of dental decay, polishing teeth, and removing plaque, tartar, and stains. In addition, the dentist will show you how to properly clean your child’s delicate teeth and gums at home by flossing and provide advice on the proper use of fluoride. Your child’s oral hygiene habits and diet, as well as how to prevent mouth injuries, will most likely be discussed by the dentist.
A good starting point is for your child to have their first dental visit before dental problems come up. We recommend that your child’s first dental visit be made by 12 months of age or within six months after the appearance of their first baby tooth.
Among the benefits of fissure sealants are:
- They protect your child’s teeth from tooth decay.
- The procedure is virtually painless.
- They are long-lasting and can offer protection for your child’s teeth for 5–10 years.
- They are easy to maintain and repair.
Here are a few tips on how to prepare your child for their first dental visit:
- Schedule the first dental visit for a time when they are most likely to cooperate and are at their most energetic. Children should get their dental care early in the day so that they are alert and not sleepy during the dental appointment.
- If your child is a preschooler or older, prepare them for their visit by explaining what they can expect. Encourage them to be excited about the visit by explaining why it’s essential.
- Dentists are frequently associated with negative feelings among children. Instead of using terms like “pain,” use positive adjectives like “healthy mouth,” “strong teeth,” and “caring for their teeth.” You might recount anecdotes about your own or other family members’ dental visits, emphasizing positive experiences while omitting negative ones.
- Allow your child to express their worries to you and listen to them. It will be easier for you to help if needed and reassure them that all is well if you know how they feel and what they’re thinking.
Book An Appointment
Schedule Your Appointment With Us Today
Our dentists in Currambine make every effort to accommodate the scheduling needs of your family. From offering evening hours to weekend appointment times, we are sure to have something that works for your busy routine.
If you are in pain or have any other dental emergency, please call us right away so we can try to book you in as soon as possible.